Australian International Islamic College Collective Enterprise Agreement 2019: What You Need to Know
The Australian International Islamic College (AIIC) has recently signed a Collective Enterprise Agreement (CEA) for their employees in 2019. This agreement has been in development for months and has finally been approved by both the employer and the union representing the employees. The CEA is a legally binding document that outlines the terms and conditions of employment for all employees covered under the agreement.
The AIIC CEA 2019 covers a variety of employment conditions, including:
1. Wages and Salaries: The CEA sets out the minimum wages and salaries that employees are entitled to. The wages will be reviewed annually to ensure they remain competitive and fair.
2. Hours of Work: Employees will be required to work 38 hours per week, with the option of working additional hours if required. Any additional hours worked will be compensated at the overtime rate.
3. Leave Entitlements: The CEA outlines the various types of leave entitlements available to employees, including annual leave, personal leave, carers leave, compassionate leave, and long service leave.
4. Workplace Health and Safety: The CEA ensures that all employees are provided with a safe and healthy working environment. The employer is responsible for providing training and equipment to ensure that employees can perform their duties safely.
5. Dispute Resolution: The CEA provides a mechanism for resolving disputes between the employer and employees. Any disputes that cannot be resolved internally will be referred to an independent mediator.
The AIIC CEA 2019 is an important document that provides a framework for fair and equitable treatment of employees. It ensures that all employees are treated with respect and dignity, and that their rights and entitlements are protected. The CEA also provides a mechanism for resolving disputes, which can help to prevent conflicts from escalating and disrupting the workplace.
In conclusion, the AIIC CEA 2019 is an important agreement that sets out the terms and conditions of employment for all employees covered under the agreement. The CEA provides clarity and transparency for both the employer and employees, and ensures that all employees are treated fairly and equitably. It is important for all employees to understand their rights and entitlements under the CEA, and to seek advice if they have any questions or concerns.